December 12, 2012

Potato Print Wrapping Paper


When you were a kid, did you ever make potato-print pictures? Well, here's a way to use those childhood skills to make Potato Print Wrapping Paper.


1. Like most of my projects, you only need a few supplies: paint, kraft paper, and a potato.
2. To make the potato stamps, I cut up my potato into a simple shape using a paring knife. I wanted my paper to have a graphic element, so I cut the potato into two triangles.
3. Then I taped down my piece of kraft paper (so it wouldn't curl up around the edges)...
4. And started stamping.
 

And in not time at all, I had covered my piece of kraft paper with painted shapes.


Of course, a little piece of paper wasn't going cover all of my holiday gifts, so I rolled out some more paper and just kept stamping.


And after the paint had dried, I used the paper to wrap some presents and finished the look with a bit of twine. Simple, right?


I love the rustic nature of the project, and it is incredible versatile since you can cut/carve potatoes into whatever shape you want!

POTATO PRINT WRAPPING PAPER SUPPLY LIST
Kraft paper
Paint
Potato
Knife
Painter's tape (to keep the paper from curling when you stamp it)
Scissors
Twine

1 comment: